Jeep Wrangler – The Tough, Authentic Legend
Choosing your next vehicle can be a daunting task, but buyers who choose Jeeps are always pleased with their final decision.
For those with selective taste in cars, Jeep offer a unique type of driving experience on and off road, emphasizing on the design, performance and technology.
To make yours decision easier, we present you with the key benefits and features of three Jeep SUV models, with a special focus on one – the Wrangler.
These SUV’s are fitted with luxurious interior accessories, high-performance engines, exclusive designs, on-and-off road suspension and electronic stability control.
Jeep Model Comparison
The following three Jeep models have been selected for comparison based on ours and fellow Jeep owners’ experiences:
|Transmission||5-Speed Automatic||5-Speed Automatic||4-Speed Automatic|
|Horsepower @ RPM||285||290||180|
|Torque @ RPM||347||624||230|
|All-Wheel Drive (AWD)||Permanent|
|Park Distance Control||Front + rear + camera||Rear|
Key Features of the Jeep Wrangler
The Jeep Wrangler boasts all the key features you would expect in a Jeep vehicle for ultimate peace of mind, style and luxurious comfort when you drive off the lot:
- High-strength steel frame: Strength forms part of the DNA of the Jeep Wrangler. A high-strength steel frame has been fitted to the B-pillar in the vehicle floor to improve side-impact performance.
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS): The Jeep Wrangler includes an anti-locking braking system, preventing the wheels from locking, giving you full control of your vehicle in emergency situations.
- Trailer Sway Control: For safety and control while you tow heavy loads, trailer sway control automatically uses brake and engine output controls to help limit trailer movement keeping both the vehicle and the trailer stable while travelling.
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC): Drive in wet conditions with ease with ESC, a feature that senses when the driver under or over-steers the vehicle and applies automatic brakes to the necessary wheels. ESC further assists with direction control, and adds or alleviates down-force to one side of the vehicle depending on the terrain.
- Engine: The Jeep Wrangler boasts a powerful 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine and has Best-in-Class 285 horsepower which kicks 260 pound-feet of torque piercing through the open roads.
- Four wheel drive: The Jeep Wrangler’s four-wheel-drive allows the driver to easily handle both on- and off-road.
- Towing capacity: The Jeep Wrangler has an impressive towing power of 1,588kg, even in off-road conditions. Hand-in-hand with TSC (Trailer Sway Control), the Wrangler is able to tow heavy objects without damaging the engine.
- Hill Assist: The Jeep Wrangler is equipped with Hill Descent Control (HDC), helping you monitor speed, throttle and braking when travelling downhill. Plus, Hill Start Assist (HAS), keeps your brakes applied for a short period of time after you have lifted your foot from the pedal.
- Audio display: Inside every Wrangler is a 6.5-inch full-colour touch screen display audio system that includes a CD player, USB, AUX, Bluetooth and HDD format capability. This, coupled with the superior six speaker Alpine premium sound system, two weather-resistant tombstone tweeters, and subwoofer, pumps out head rocking jams.
- Illuminated features: With every Wrangler comes an illuminated cup-holder in the centre console and illuminated foot wells, lighting up the Wrangler at night.
- Rooftop configurations: Experience a cool ocean breeze in summer with the Wrangler’s easy-to-open Sunrider roof (depending on the rooftop of the Jeep Wrangler). Now both the driver and passengers can receive natural air-conditioning.
- Side steps: Another convenient feature of the Jeep Wrangler, It allows easy access in and out of the vehicle, especially in wet conditions.
Luxury SUV Comparison
The Jeep Wrangler is highly ranked in its class for performance, travelling experience and comfort. If you enjoy off-road travels on rough terrains, the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is the model of choice.
Here are the top three SUVs listed in the same category, within the same price range:
|Jeep Wrangler||Range Rover Evoque||VW Tiguan|
|Engine||3.6||4 .0 Turbocharge||4.0|
|Transmission||5-Speed Automatic||9-Speed Automatic||6-Speed Manual|
|Power maximum (kW)||209||132||92|
|Torque @ RPM||347||430||200|
|Acceleration 0-100 kmh (s)||8.1||9.0||10.5|
|All-Wheel Drive (AWD)||Permanent|
|Cruise control||Yes||Standard (opt adaptive)||Standard (opt adaptive)|
|Park Distance Control||front + rear (opt for rear camera / surround view / park assist)||Front + rear (opt parallel park assist + rear camera)|
|Central locking||Remote||Keyless||Remote (opt keyless)|