Volvo S90 2017 – Elegant and confident
Volvo are known for their precision in details like safety, driving experience and highly advanced technology.
The brand new Volvo S90 expresses the luxurious culture of elegance and confidence for drivers with expensive taste.
To make your decision easier, we present you with the key benefits and features of three Volvo models, with a special focus on one – the S90.
These Volvos are fitted with optimal safety, comfort and enhanced driving features.
Volvo Model Comparison
The following three Volvo models have been selected for comparison based on ours and fellow Volvo owners’ experiences:
|Volvo S90||Volvo S60||Volvo V90|
|Engine||2.0 Turbo Diesel||2.0 Turbo||1.4 turbo diesel|
|Transmission||6-Speed Manual||6-Speed Manual||6-Speed Manual|
|Power maximum (kW)||190||112||103|
|Torque @ RPM||400||250||230|
|Acceleration 0-100 kmh (s)||5.9||8.6||10.9|
|Cruise control||Adaptive||Standard (Opt adaptive)||Yes|
|Park Distance Control||Rear (opt front + rear / opt park assist / opt surround view)||Rear camera||Rear (opt rear camera)|
|Central locking||Remote (opt for keyless)||Remote (opt for keyless)||Remote|
Volvo S90 2017 – Elegant and confident
The Volvo S90 boasts all the key features you would expect in a Sedan, combining exquisite, natural materials with sophisticated and intuitive technology.
- Pilot Assist: Easily activated via the steering wheel buttons, Pilot Assist provides gentle steering support to help you keep within lane markings and maintain a set speed and distance from the vehicle in front of you.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Set your speed and the desired time gap to the vehicle in front of you. Let the Volvo S90 provide a relaxed driving experience on any journey. The S90 will adapt to the speed of the vehicle in front of you, hands-free.
- Side Impact Protection System (SIPS): Developed to help protect where you and your passengers are most exposed in the event of a side-collision. The steel framework of the car is designed and reinforced to help displace the impact of a side-collision away from the occupants to other parts of the car body.
- Electronic Stability Control: The Volvo S90 is equipped with Electronic Stability Control. This feature helps minimise the risk of wheel spins and skids at all speeds, in all conditions and helps minimise under-steering at all speeds.
- Drive Modes: The unique Volvo S90 offers multiple driving modes for you to choose from that are adaptable to your driving preference:
- Engine: The high performance T8 Twin Engine gives you an exhilarating driving experience as well as lower fuel costs and CO₂ emissions. The S90 is equipped with both a petrol and hybrid engine.
- All-wheel drive: The Volvo S90’s all-wheel drive helps increase driving stability and traction on all road surfaces.
- Hill Start Assist: You’ll never slide backwards or stall your engine with Hill Start Assist. Hill Start Assist automatically keeps the brake pressure while you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator.
- Stop/Start Technology: Once your engine has warmed up, and you bring your car to a halt, the engine automatically switches off. The instant you press the accelerator, the engine restarts and you’re on the go again.
- Sensus Connect: You can connect with the digital world around you as you naturally communicate with your Volvo. The 9-inch centre display with touch screen, voice control and head-up display interact intuitively, giving you full control whilst maintaining full attention on the road.
- Sensus Navigation: Guided by a voice and visual road direction in the driver’s display, the Sensus navigation shows maps and guidance in clear, large format. With the head-up display, you’ll be guided by navigation direction hovering in front of you on the windscreen.
- Park Assist Camera: The Volvo S90 is equipped with a Park Assist Camera which helps display what’s going on behind your car, for better convenience when reversing.
- Blind Spot Information System (BLISS): This Volvo innovation feature alerts you if a vehicle enters your blind spot or approaches fast from behind.
- Exterior Design: The highly sophisticated S90 body styling expresses the essence of luxury. Instantly recognisable thanks to its chrome-finish grille and lower door bright deco moulding, this expression sets the S90 apart from other top-class sedans.
- Interior Design: Inside the S90, the luxurious theme continues with authentic crafted materials that create a lounge-like atmosphere. You can lean back in a sculpted power-operated comfort seat with Fine Nappa leather upholstery.
Luxury Sedan Comparison
The Volvo S90 is highly ranked in its class for performance, travelling experience and engine performance. If you have expensive taste in vehicles, the Volvo S90 is the model of choice.
We present our top two Sedans listed in the same category, within the same price range:
|Volvo S90||Mercedes-Benz E-Class|
|Engine||2.0 Turbo + Supercharged||2.0 Turbo|
|Transmission||8-Speed Automatic||9-Speed Automatic|
|Power maximum (kW)||235||135|
|Torque @ RPM||400||300|
|Acceleration 0-100 kmh (s)||5.9|
|All-Wheel Drive (AWD)||Yes||7.7|
|Park Distance Control||Rear (opt front + rear / opt park assist / opt surround view)||Standard (opt for adaptive)|
|Central locking||Remote (opt for keyless)||Front + rear + park assist + rear camera (opt surround view)|